Skip to main content

Fix is In

Script Tips

·         Article Title
·         Your Characters Crave Change
·         From One Page to the Next
·         Because Robert Towne Said So
·         The Story Behind Bad Dialogue
·         Making Sure Each Page Counts
·         Why Writing Checkpoints Matter
·         How to Write Every Day
·         First 10 Pages: 5 Major Rules
·         The Voice Over Value
·         Writing Never Takes a Day Off
·         Finding the Magic Within
·         Word Choice Wisdom
·         Grammar: Your Ace In the Hole
·         Writing Believable Action
·         Networking: Hollywood Gold
·         Story: The Whole Nine Yards
·         Writing: Goals vs. Objectives
·         Always Be Ready to Pitch
·         The Three I's of Screenwriting
·         Ideas: Your Ace In the Hole
·         Safeguard Your Writing Time
·         Welcome to the Real World
·         Raise the Stakes: Crank It Up!
·         The Feedback Follow-Through
·         Breaking "Free" Into Hollywood
·         Embrace the Hollywood Box
·         Biopics: Four Key Ingredients
·         Your Protagonist: Three Keys
·         Stuck in Your Screenplay
·         Success Through Failure
·         Writing From Within
·         Understanding Your Audience
·         Surviving Story Structure
·         Writing With a Full Plate
·         Screenwriting is a Decathalon
·         Screenwriting: Art vs. Trade
·         Creating Cinematic Characters
·         Multiple Stories in One Script
·         Story: How Much Is Too Much?
·         How to Be a Writer: Just Do It
·         Writing Out Of Your Realm
·         There's a Movie for Everybody
·         To Be or Not To Be... A Writer
·         Are You Not Entertained?
·         You Are What You Write
·         Never Give Up! Don't Be Stupid
·         Film School, What Now?
·         The Bruckheimer Blueprint
·         Meetings: Surviving "The Room"
·         Face Off: The Hero's Nemesis
·         Writing IS Thinking
·         The Mechanics of Screenwriting
·         Voice-Over: Beware!
·         Writing the Smart Short Film
·         How to Pitch Your Movie
·         Know Your Audience or Die!
·         Feedback: Ten or Twelve Pints
·         Character: The Entire Iceberg
·         Scene Objectives: Dynamic Duo
·         Subtext: The Underlying Truth
·         How To Get An Agent
·         How Do I Sell My Script?
·         How to Watch a Movie: Part 4
·         How to Watch a Movie: Part 3
·         How to Watch a Movie: Part 2
·         How to Watch a Movie: Part 1
·         How To Write A Logline
·         What's in a Title: Everything!
·         The Devil is in the Details
·         How NOT to write a screenplay
·         How to write a screenplay
·         Assign a Role: Don't Roll Over
·         The Sequence: ABC's and 123's
·         Sequence 8: Final Resolution
·         "Begin This Way", says The End
·         Sequence 6: Main Culmination
·         Sequence 5: Subplot Savior
·         Bones: Screenplay Skeletons
·         Rising Action: Act Two Woes
·         Writing from your Unconscious
·         Sequence 3: Raising the Stakes
·         More White Space, Faster Read
·         Sequence 2: The Lock In
·         The Character Driven Story
·         Exposition needs an Occupation
·         Wrong Form, Right Trash
·         Present Tense or Die!
·         Scriptonomics
·         Plot Points: Watch the Clock
·         The First Draft: NASCAR Speed
·         Writer's Letter: Your Secret W


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A – Lawrence Gilliard Jr. (Bob Stookey)

  Actor Lawrence Gilliard Jr., who plays Bob Stookey on AMC’s  The Walking Dead,  talks about his apocalypse-ready clarinet skills and how his character from  The Wire would react to zombies. Q: You’ve been in a lot of crime-centric shows. Were you excited to do something different on The Walking Dead ? A: Yeah absolutely. You get to play and have more fun and be more creative when you’re doing a show like this. Killing zombies — that’s what you do as a kid! Now I get to do it as a grownup. I definitely looked forward to the change and I’m having fun. Q: Your character is a medic. Do you have any skills that would be useful in the apocalypse? A: I play clarinet. I also play the drums, so I could keep the spirits lively and entertain everyone. That’s all I could do. Q: Bob is a pretty good shot. Did you do any weapons training for the role? A: None so far. When I was young, I learned to shoot, so I don’t really need any training for that. Q: You’ve...

A Comparison of Seven Story Paradigms: ®Dramatica® Syd Field Michael Hauge Robert McKee Linda Seger John Truby Christopher Vogler

A Comparison of Seven Story Paradigms: ® Dramatica ® Syd Field Michael Hauge Robert McKee Linda Seger John Truby Christopher Vogler Write Brothers ® Inc. 138 N. Brand Blvd. #201 Glendale, CA 91203 2.             How and Why Dramatica is Different from Other Story Paradigms by Chris Huntley I spent nearly sixteen years avoiding reading anything of substance by (Hollywood) story theorists such as Syd Field, John Truby, Christopher Vogler, Robert McKee and others. As co-creator of the Dramatica theory of story, I didn't want to influence my development of Dramatica so I avoided direct interaction with competing theories. In 2006 I decided to lift my self-imposed ban. I figured my understanding of Dramatica was mature enough that I didn’t have to worry about "contaminating" it by exposure to the competing theories. It was past time that I figured out how other story theories are similar and dissimilar to Dramatica...

The Matrix Script

English 192 Science Fiction Spring 2002 Professor William Warner Course Overview Schedule Assignments Study Materials Course Policies The Matrix: Script Larry and Andy Wachowski Note: this script is off the web, and has not been checked for accuracy. For authorized version of the script, see The Art of the Matrix, New Market Press, New York, 2000. Computer screen, with flashing cursor.) Cypher : Yeah. Trinity : Is everything in place? Cypher : You weren't supposed to relieve me. Trinity : I know, but I felt like taking your shift. Cypher : You like him, don't you? You like watching him. Trinity : Don't be ridiculous. Cypher : We're going to kill him, do you understand that? Trinity : Morpheus believes he is The One. Cypher : Do you? Trinity : It doesn't matter what I believe. Cypher : You don't, do you? Trinity : Did you hear that? Cypher : Hear what? Trinity : Are you sure this line is clean? Cypher : Yeah, 'course I'm sure. Trinity : I'd bet...