Skip to main content

Blake’s Blogs Now Available


unnamedFrom 2005 until his death in 2009, Blake Snyder wrote his 3 best-selling Save the Cat!® books along with 209 blogs on the Save the Cat!® website.
The 112 blog posts in this ebook have been carefully curated and edited from Blake’s originals. We have selected posts that we believe are timeless, resonating as powerfully today as on the day Blake wrote them.
In addition, we’ve created 10 chapters in which we’ve bundled posts according to categories, to simplify your search for the information, encouragement and enthusiasm that were Blake’s hallmarks:
  • Ideas and Concepts
  • Themes
  • Titles and Loglines
  • Genres
  • Heroes
  • Structure
  • Dialogue
  • The Pitch
  • Going Pro
  • Inspiration
Enjoy these meaningful and helpful lessons in screenwriting… and life.
Also included are photos (like the one below) that have never before been published.

photo by Rebecca Tull Yates
Blake Snyder                          photo: Rebecca Tull Yates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A – Lawrence Gilliard Jr. (Bob Stookey)

  Actor Lawrence Gilliard Jr., who plays Bob Stookey on AMC’s  The Walking Dead,  talks about his apocalypse-ready clarinet skills and how his character from  The Wire would react to zombies. Q: You’ve been in a lot of crime-centric shows. Were you excited to do something different on The Walking Dead ? A: Yeah absolutely. You get to play and have more fun and be more creative when you’re doing a show like this. Killing zombies — that’s what you do as a kid! Now I get to do it as a grownup. I definitely looked forward to the change and I’m having fun. Q: Your character is a medic. Do you have any skills that would be useful in the apocalypse? A: I play clarinet. I also play the drums, so I could keep the spirits lively and entertain everyone. That’s all I could do. Q: Bob is a pretty good shot. Did you do any weapons training for the role? A: None so far. When I was young, I learned to shoot, so I don’t really need any training for that. Q: You’ve...

A Comparison of Seven Story Paradigms: ®Dramatica® Syd Field Michael Hauge Robert McKee Linda Seger John Truby Christopher Vogler

A Comparison of Seven Story Paradigms: ® Dramatica ® Syd Field Michael Hauge Robert McKee Linda Seger John Truby Christopher Vogler Write Brothers ® Inc. 138 N. Brand Blvd. #201 Glendale, CA 91203 2.             How and Why Dramatica is Different from Other Story Paradigms by Chris Huntley I spent nearly sixteen years avoiding reading anything of substance by (Hollywood) story theorists such as Syd Field, John Truby, Christopher Vogler, Robert McKee and others. As co-creator of the Dramatica theory of story, I didn't want to influence my development of Dramatica so I avoided direct interaction with competing theories. In 2006 I decided to lift my self-imposed ban. I figured my understanding of Dramatica was mature enough that I didn’t have to worry about "contaminating" it by exposure to the competing theories. It was past time that I figured out how other story theories are similar and dissimilar to Dramatica...

The Matrix Script

English 192 Science Fiction Spring 2002 Professor William Warner Course Overview Schedule Assignments Study Materials Course Policies The Matrix: Script Larry and Andy Wachowski Note: this script is off the web, and has not been checked for accuracy. For authorized version of the script, see The Art of the Matrix, New Market Press, New York, 2000. Computer screen, with flashing cursor.) Cypher : Yeah. Trinity : Is everything in place? Cypher : You weren't supposed to relieve me. Trinity : I know, but I felt like taking your shift. Cypher : You like him, don't you? You like watching him. Trinity : Don't be ridiculous. Cypher : We're going to kill him, do you understand that? Trinity : Morpheus believes he is The One. Cypher : Do you? Trinity : It doesn't matter what I believe. Cypher : You don't, do you? Trinity : Did you hear that? Cypher : Hear what? Trinity : Are you sure this line is clean? Cypher : Yeah, 'course I'm sure. Trinity : I'd bet...